Western Cape Accommodation
Otter's Bend Lodge, in the heart of the Franschhoek Valley, is a unique backpackers', hikers' and travelers' lodge offering a self-catering or bed and breakfast ba
Policies & disclaimers
|Double Room||2 occupants||R400 per room per night||R450 per room per night|
|Twin Room||2 occupants||R400 per room per night||R450 per room per night|
|Twin Room||1 occupant||R250 per person per night (Weekends)||R250 per person per night|
|Twin Room||1 occupant||R200 per person per night (Week days)||R250 per person per night|
|Family Room||2-4 occupants||R450 per room per night||R500 per room per night|
- All bookings subject to a 50% deposit.
- Bookings only confirmed upon receipt of proof of deposit payment.
- Unconfirmed provisional bookings lapse after 48 hours.
- Check-in time is between 14:00 and 18:00.
- Late arrival (after 18:00) by arrangement only.
- If guests have not arrived by 18:00 without prior arrangement we reserve the right to re-let the room with no refund.
- Check out time is by 12:00 noon, later by arrangement
- No pets unless by prior arrangement.
- No smoking in the rooms.
- No loud music.
- The Otter’s two double rooms have a double bed each (and also sleep a maximum of two adults!) “We have so enjoyed lying snugly in bed, looking up through the top window and watching the branches swaying in the breeze. We’ve never heard owls so close before!” Margaret & Tom
- The Flatlet is a self-contained unit suitable for families or groups of no more than 4 adults. It is situated in the ‘farm’ buildings overlooking the garden and spectacular mountain views. It is made up of a large room with adjoining bathroom and small walk-through kitchenette. This is equipped with cutlery, crockery, a kettle and fridge. All flatlet guests are welcome to make use of the communal self catering facilities near the river. Twin beds and bunkbeds have bedding and towels are also provided. The bathroom has a bath, basin and toilet.
Latitude: 33˚54’38.49” S
Longitude: 19˚6’35.32” E
Follow the R45 until you enter Franschhoek; this becomes the main road leading through the village (Huguenot Road). At the post office turn RIGHT into Reservoir St West. First stop, turn RIGHT into Wilhelmina St. At T-junction turn LEFT into Daniel Hugo Road. Travel away from village for about 800m, cross a bridge. In front of you you will see Mont Rochelle security boom turn RIGHT with the road which is Dassenberg Road. Paddock will be on your left and a small dam on your right. You will find the Otter's Bend Lodge sign 150/200m on your right. Turn in and park. [If you are approaching Franschhoek from the Franschhoek Pass then turn LEFT into Reservoir St West, just before the post office, which will be diagonally on your right. It is the next corner on the left after Le Quartier Francais]